WHY BECOME A COACH?
Coaching can provide you with many opportunities and benefits:
- Helping you improve your own game
- Coaching your friends or team mates to improve their games
- Earning an income whilst passing on your knowledge to others
- Coaching individuals, groups, teams and after school junior club sessions
- Overseas Club-Pro Coaching appointments
- State and National team appointments
- Opportunities for involvement with quality coaching networks and programs i.e. state sporting institutes
HOW TO BECOME A COACH
Squash Australia, in conjunction with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), has developed a new framework to capture these different pathways and address the current shortfalls in applied research and practice specific to athlete development. It is called FTEM.
FTEM (representing Foundations, Talent, Elite and Mastery) is a user-friendly framework of
sporting development that is representative of the ‘whole of sport’ pathway continuum.
To view the Squash Australia Coach Education Framework click here.
Contact WA Squash Office Ph: 9225 7255 for further details about coaching courses run in WA.
FIND A COACH
Contact your local Squash Centre.